Monday, July 25, 2005

"You, you're not allowed, You're uninvited, An unfortunate slight." ~alanis morissette

Oh. My. Gosh. Why do I get myself into these situations? This guy from my Music Industry class is exhibiting some seriously stalkerish behavior. I won’t go into all the details because you don’t need to hear about all that and I don’t feel like explaining everything, but I’ll give an example: he called me 6 times today. 6 times. In one day. He won’t leave me alone. I’m really bad at rejection and I don’t know how to get him off my back. I told him I have a boyfriend back at home (I lied), but he still doesn’t get it and won’t leave me alone. I guess I was too nice because I told him that I’d still like to be his friend (I didn’t want to hurt his feelings), but he still hasn’t let up since then. He’s planning trips to the movies and wants me to come over so he can cook me dinner and wants to take me out to the bars here…I’m having trouble coming up with excuses. And now my favorite class ever has lowered in value because he’s in it and I’ll have to deal with him everyday. There are a few guys I’ve met here that I definitely wouldn’t mind going out with, but he’s just not one of them. I’m just not attracted to him. And I don’t know how to get rid of him without making the rest of the semester in that class awkward. Any suggestions (or commiseration) would be appreciated.

Okay, I'm adding an update. You know how I said he called me 6 times in one day? Make that 7. And HE TOLD ME HE LOVES ME. And, when I was speechless, he had the nerve to ask if I loved him. I don't believe this. I've done nothing to lead him on, I've told him I don't like him, I told him I love my boyfriend (my nonexistent boyfriend, but he doesn't know that), and I've been increasingly cold and distant with him. And he won't leave me alone. I do everything I can to avoid him, but I don't want to have to be on guard all the time. My flatmates are being cool (even though Matt and Rich tease me about it) by telling him I'm not home whenever he calls. But I can't deal with this much longer.

No comments: