Sunday, July 17, 2005

"I recommend biting off more than you can chew to anyone, I certainly do. I recommend sticking your foot in your mouth at anytime, Feel free. Throw it down (the caution blocks you from the wind), Hold it up (to the rays), You wait and see when the smoke clears..."~alanis morissette

I finally finished downloading the recording of the Alanis Jagged Little Pill Acoustic concert that I went to. I cried while I was listening to it. I'm not sure why, I guess I was just in a really vulnerable mood. It's not the best recording, but I thought it was a really great concert so it got to me. That was such a fun spur-of-the-moment thing, and I love surprises like that. Nicole managed to score a pair of tickets for less than half of face value the day of the concert. I wasn't anticipating it at all, so I wasn't wondering what songs she would perform or anything like that. The fact that she sang every single song from Jagged Little Pill made it really cool for me. I think that was the first album I ever bought for myself. Anyway, I've already rambled on about this concert so I'll stop now. I'm just really glad to have the recording.
This morning Perrine and I went to the Cadbury Carnival, which was a bit of a let-down. I did get my picture taken with a giant panda, though. Here ya go, me and Perrine with the panda:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On the way home from the grocery store this evening, Rich and Matt decided to take me to see the steepest street in the world (it's in the Guinness Book of World Records). It was reallllyyyy steep. We turned onto it and I looked up in awe, then Matt started driving up it. I didn't think we would make it. Then once we got to the top, he turned around and drove right back down. It was pretty cool. People live up there; I can't imagine driving up that street every day. It's officially the steepest street in the world! Anyway, it was a fun experience. I'll have to go back and get a picture of it.

No comments: