Wednesday, July 27, 2005

"But when we're broken, we hate to be broken. It's hard enough to breathe in and out, Or is hard enough to come down from the clouds. Did you ever find your way back home?" ~adam pascal

I miss home. I miss New York, I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss my dog, I miss my room, I miss my house...I feel like I'm missing out on everything. I've been in a funk I guess. I wouldn't exactly say I'm homesick...it's more like I'm...tense, because I'm afraid things are slipping away from me. My friend sent me a message trying to make me feel better, and it made me cry. But in a good way. It really made my day. It just felt so good to know that someone cares about me. I really, really needed that. So thanks. :-)
Here's a picture of Josie, my baby. I miss her.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today just got better and better, starting with that message, and now I feel pretty good. Matt was at a wine & cheese event tonight and came home really, really drunk. It was fun to talk to him. I'll get to make fun of him tomorrow morning because of it.

Tomorrow night I have my own wine & cheese event to go to (although I plan on arriving home much less intoxicated than Matt did tonight). It's with the mentor program, which is a group of International students and Kiwi mentors that have been assigned to them. I find it strange that most of the events organized through the program are centered around alcohol; I wouldn't expect that of school events. But the drinking age is 18 and drinking seems to be a major part of social life here, so I guess it's a cultural thing. It's just interesting.

My family's coming to visit in a month and I can't wait. It's when I have a week off of school. We're going to see a rugby match, it's New Zealand's national team against South Africa's national team. Perrine's coming with us to that. And we're going skiing in Queenstown, where I also want to go bungi (sp?) jumping (this is where it originated) or sky diving. I'm really excited to see them.

No comments: