Saturday, July 23, 2005

"I wanna fly, and never come down, And I live my life, and have friends around. We never change do we? No, no, We never learned to bleed, So I wanna live in a wooden house, Making more friends would be easy." ~coldplay

Wanna see a funny picture? It's a screen shot from the Coldplay concert I went to; if you watched it on TV, this is a snapshot of what you saw (basically, me looking like an idiot). Can you see me? I'm the loser drooling over Chris Martin while he's right in front of me.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today's a picture day. A lot has gone on in the past few days but I don't really feel like writing about it (not that it's bad stuff, it's actually been some really fun things, but I'm just not in a writing mood). So here ya go, some photos from a hike I went on. I didn't feel like being around people, so I snuck out to go on my own little hike (actually, it wasn't little, it took me 6 hours). Just me and my iPod. I love listening to my iPod on shuffle; the order of songs is always so amusing. At one point the sequence went like this: Bright Eyes, Blink 182, Joni Mitchell, Violent Femmes, Counting Crows...your mind gets into one mood based on the song and then it suddenly switches gears when a completely different style of music comes on. I love it. So I had a great time on my hike; I felt like I was in The Lord of the Rings. I know it was filmed somewhere on the south island of New Zealand (which is where I am), and based on the scenery I felt like I had stepped directly into the movie.
A view of Dunedin (the city where I live):
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Another view (you can see the Southern Alps in the upper right hand corner if you look closely):
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A miserable attempt at self-portraiture (have I mentioned that the wind here is insane? especially on top of a mountain):
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: