Tuesday, July 05, 2005

“The Road goes ever on and on, Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.” ~jrr tolkien

I’m in a foreign country with plenty of time to explore, and instead I’m sitting here in my room. Isn’t that awful? The view from my window is so beautiful, though, that I’m content just sitting here and looking out into the city. I have so much free time I don’t know what to do with it. Orientation starts tomorrow, which will take some of this time off my hands. I’ve walked around town so much in the past few days that I can’t bring myself to go out again right now. Perrine is getting groceries and Scott is off buying a car with some of his friends. When Perrine gets back, we’re going to explore some more and walk up the hill that our flat is on. It looks like we’ll have a great view from the top of the hill. I’m glad to live in a city. I often wish I went to school in NYC, and I’m moving there the second I graduate from college. This is nothing like New York, but it’s a step forward for me. It’s so different from Richmond. Our flat is on a busy road and there’s the constant noise of cars driving by. I kind of like it. And I can walk anywhere (even though it’s usually a long walk).
Perrine’s home now, so off I go!

Random Revelation: guys smell really, really good.

No comments: