Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"In fact I'm tired of 23d Street, strung out like some Christmas lights out there in the Chelsea night." ~ryan adams

Last night my mom and brother came into the city and I had dinner with my parents, brother, aunt, uncle, and two cousins. We ate at a great BBQ place on 23d Street called RUB. I loved spending time with my family. I always have fun with my cousin Bess. Hopefully I'll get to see her a lot more now that I'm living in the city. They (my aunt, uncle, and cousins) live on the UES right now but they're moving to Chelsea in October.

I got a letter from my Gran today. I've written about her before; I love her to death. She writes great letters updating me on her and my Grandad's lives. The letter she just sent me told me all about their new house and the meals they get at the club and her new friends. The letter ended with this: "Take care. Do you carry mace? If not, please get some for your purse. I love you!" For some reason I found that hilarious. It was a serious suggestion, and not a bad one either, but in the context of the letter it was so random.

I'm in love with Bitten, Sarah Jessica Parker's clothing line. It's dangerous; every time I walk past the Manhattan Mall, I have to stop at Steve & Barry's (the only place in Manhattan where they sell the clothing line). All the clothes in her collection are under $20 (that includes jeans, dresses...everything), and they're nice. I bought a pair of jeans today for under $15. Her fall line comes out this month; I better start saving my money now.

1 comment:

Heather said...

that's too funny -- about the mace