Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"Says she talks to angels, they call her out by her name. Oh yeah, she talks to angels, says they call her out by her name." ~the black crowes

My dad's company has a company box at Shea and Yankee Stadiums, so he signs up for free tickets to the games. We're going to Shea Stadium on Thursday to see the Mets play the Braves. I am obsessed with the Atlanta Braves. I go see them play the Mets and Yankees whenever I can. I go decked out in my Braves gear (hat, t-shirt, and Chipper Jones jersey) and get yucked at by New York fans. It's fabulous. I'm excited for Thursday. It'll be a good game; Tim Hudson is pitching for Atlanta and El Duke for New York.

On Thursday night Nic and I are going to listen to the Black Crowes play at Central Park Summerstage. I'm going to practice my recording skills again.

I've been going to lots of interviews lately. On Monday I have to teach a demo lesson, which I'm dreading. I have to plan a lesson given no guidelines whatsoever (except that "it has to be related to English"). I have no idea what I'm going to teach. Any suggestions are welcome!

3 comments:

Heather said...

oh gosh... good luck!

Maybe you could teach a poem -- or look at some particularly "poetic" popular song lyrics, if that would get the kids more interested...

I like to teach poems (not that I've done much of it!) because they are so self-contained and yet open to so many interpretations. You can, especially with longer poems, see all of the words at once, mark it up like crazy, and explore every detail. Just a thought...

Heather said...

haha -- I meant "especially with shorter poems"

(brain fried by 100 degree weather and packing woes... apparently.)

Claire said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Heather! I was thinking of doing a poem or a short story (I'm leaning towards a poem now).