Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"I've got nothing to say, I've got nothing to say, I've got nothing to say, I've got nothing to say." ~the strokes

Yesterday I went to the premiere of the new movie Dedication. I filled out an entry online for what I thought was just an advance screening, and I never looked at my admission ticket closely, so I was surprised when I showed up at the theater and found the red carpet rolled out and photographers everywhere. I didn't realize it was the movie premiere until I got there. Lots of the stars from the movie (Billy Crudup, Mandy Moore, Amy Sedaris, Bobby Cannavale) were there. There were other famous people as well (Lauren Graham, Josh Lucas...). It was pretty cool. I got to walk in on the red carpet (I felt special even though no one took my picture), and they gave out free popcorn and drinks. The director (Justin Theroux) introduced the movie to us. I really enjoyed it. I may be biased, though, because I'm a huge fan of everyone in the cast. I'm in love with Billy Crudup. I've written about him before and I'll write about him again because he's amazing and sweet and gorgeous and a terrific actor. In this movie he plays a character who is mean, depressed, neurotic, obsessive-compulsive, and just screwed up, yet Billy somehow manages to make him likable (to me at least). His performance is the best thing about the movie in my opinion. Mandy Moore is also very good. I'm a big fan of hers as well. Lately she's been in some duds (License to Wed, Because I Said So), but she really is a good actress (her performance in Saved! is a particularly good example). The music in the movie was great. I got so excited when I heard The Strokes' "Ask Me Anything" start to play; it perfectly fit the scene in which it was used and it's such a good song. The script had moments of brilliance. I had a few minor issues with it, but overall I really enjoyed the film. So go see it when it comes out.
I'll leave you with a photo of Mr. Crudup and I (after a performance of The Pillowman). If you look at his left hand on my shoulder, you'll notice that he's holding his motorcycle helmet. You gotta love a guy who rides a motorcycle.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: