Thursday, August 02, 2007

"New New York skyline. Wounds they heal in time. Don't crawl and don't despair, it's a new New York today." ~the cranberries

So. Stardust. Oh. My. Gosh. It was fabulous. I'll probably go back and see it again when it opens in theaters. It was magical and full of adventure and surprisingly hilarious. I've always loved fantasy movies, and this one reminded me why. Claire Danes was amazing, as always. Charlie Cox was great; I think he'll be a big name soon. Michelle Pfeiffer took years off from making movies, and now all of a sudden she's back with a vengeance. With this and Hairspray, she's proving to be quite the villain. She's very good at it. Robert DeNiro nearly steals the show, though. He alone is probably worth the price of admission. I don't want to give too much away so I won't say more. The audience probably contributed to my enjoyment of the film. It was a free advance screening, and for those things they always give out more tickets than seats so it's first-come, first-served. That way they can fill up the whole theater. Every single seat was taken (luckily I got a good one), so it was a very big crowd. Everyone was so into it. People clapped at various parts. They gasped and yelled and cheered, and it added to the fun. The woman behind me was hilarious. She kept muttering things under her breath to the characters. She was especially mean to Sienna Miller's character. So anyway, go see Stardust when it comes out.

1 comment:

Heather said...

ooo -- sounds great! thanks for the suggestion!