Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"My blue Manhattan, she's angry like a child, but how sweet. Fire and rain on the street. It's you against me most days, it's me against you, doll." ~ryan adams

On Sunday TV on the Radio played a free concert at McCarren Pool, so of course I went. I thought the rain would deter other people from going, and I'm sure it did deter some people, but there was still a huge crowd. I guess when a band as popular as TVOTR is playing for free, a little rain (or a lot of rain) isn't going to stop music fans. I got there really early, though, and ended up in the front row. I was extremely lucky. The stage was covered, and the awning extended enough so that the people standing in the front row were mostly covered by it, so I didn't get too wet. And the rain stopped around the time that TVOTR went onstage. There's a good review with tons of fabulous pictures here. It was a really good concert.

I've been waiting for the movie Stardust to come out for a very, very, long time, so I searched around online and found a bunch of contests offering tickets to free advance screenings of the movie. And I won one of them! So Nic and I are seeing it tomorrow night. I'll post a review afterwards. It opens in theaters on August 10th, so mark your calendars. I'm so excited. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a huge Claire Danes fan (it is probably most obvious from the fact that my blog is named after her amazing tv show). She has a pretty cool name, too. ;-) When you throw Michelle Pfeiffer and Robert DeNiro into the mix, you've got a pretty great cast. And it looks like a great story.

No comments: