Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Tiptoe through our shiny city, with our diamond slippers on. Do our gay ballet on ice, bluebirds on our shoulders. We’re half-awake in a fake empire. We’re half-awake in a fake empire." ~the national

I have no time to write, but I'm just posting a really quick update to say that I (FINALLY) GOT A JOB! I'll be teaching sixth grade ELA (English/language arts) at I.S. 218. I'm so excited. It's overwhelming, though; school starts two weeks from today. My first day of school as a teacher happens to be on my birthday. I have new teacher orientation all this week (it was very helpful today). I'll post more about the school and my position later. Right now I'm off to meet Nic; we're supposed to be going to the Mets game tonight (she got free tickets from her company because the cast of The Color Purple is singing the national anthem). Of course it's raining.

3 comments:

Heather said...

congrats!! I can't wait to hear about your adventures. I think sixth graders are hilarious. Or at least my tutoring student was.

back to thesis-y things... or, more likely, food and hibernation b/c it's freezing!

Kelly said...

congratulations, claire! i'm so happy for you!

Claire said...

Thanks, guys!
I'm sure I'll have lots of great stories to tell about sixth graders!