Thursday, October 25, 2007

"Tell me again what constitutes good hair, and tell me how the guns and bums unbraided your deep dread of reason in Comikbuchland." ~the negro problem

Adam Duritz, my hero/future husband (I wish), got me hooked on Stew and The Negro Problem. Here's what he says about the above lyrics:
"'Unbraided your deep dread of reason'? C’mon. I would kill to have written that. Now that is some seriously funky metaphorical double-meaning shit right there. THAT…is not for beginners."
I couldn't have said it better myself. Stew is freakin' brilliant. Almost as brilliant as Mr. Duritz himself.

Last night Nic and I went to see Things We Want, a new play from The New Group. Ethan Hawke (who attended my high school) directed it, and he was at the performance. He looked goood. I refrained from bothering him, but I enjoyed observing him. Paul Dano (probably best known as Dwayne in Little Miss Sunshine, until There Will Be Blood is released, that is) is in the play, and I absolutely love him. He gave a great performance. Peter Dinklage and Josh Hamilton were also wonderful (Peter Dinklage was particularly hilarious). I was not impressed with the performance of the fourth cast member, Zoe Kazan. She brought down the scenes that she was in. I preferred the first act to the second act. Overall, though, thanks to the male cast members, I thought it wasn't bad. It just started previews this week, so we only saw the third performance ever, and hopefully they'll make some changes to improve upon it before it officially opens in a couple of weeks.

I'm going home this weekend to collect some warm clothes, because I really have nothing with me right now and I'm going to freeze because it's starting to get cold. It'll be nice to see my family.

1 comment:

Heather said...

hey, claire -- I'm so glad things are looking better at school. hang in there. and I hope you have a wonderful weekend at home!