Monday, October 29, 2007

"Oh, it's time to let go of everything we used to know, ideas that strengthen who we've been. It's time to cut ties that won't ever free our minds from the chains and shackles that they're in." ~patrick park

I just got back from a free advance screening of Juno, the best movie I've seen all year. Seriously. This has Oscar for Best Original Screenplay written all over it. It is fantastic. The writing is superb; the dialogue is sharp and funny and realistic (btw, why is spell check saying I spelled dialogue wrong??). Ellen Page is going to be a star; her performance is wonderful and definitely deserving of an Oscar nom. She reminds me of Linda Cardellini circa Freaks and Geeks (aw, I miss that show). The movie also has a strong supporting cast (including Michael Sera, Jennifer Garner, Alison Janney, Jason Bateman, and J.K. Simmons) as well as a killer soundtrack. I've run out of synonyms for "amazing," so I'll just tell you to go see the movie when it opens. Unfortunately it doesn't open until December 5th, so you'll have to wait awhile. There's another screening next week and I might go to that one as well because I loved it so much. They gave out free Juno t-shirts at the screening, and it's actually a t-shirt that I would wear, which is cool. Here's the trailer:

No comments: