Monday, October 22, 2007

"I was out on the radio starting to change, somewhere out in America it's starting to rain. Could you tell me one thing you remember about me, and have you seen me lately? I guess I thought that someone would notice. I guess I thought somebody would say something if I was missing. Can't you see me? Come on, color me in. Come on, color me in." ~counting crows

I'm still on a Counting Crows high. I think I'll be on a Counting Crows high for months. And hopefully by then they'll have another concert to pick me right back up again. I seriously can't put into words how much that concert meant to me.

I'm wary of writing this because I'm afraid I'll jinx myself, but I'll write it anyway. I think school is getting better (knock on wood). The kids seem to have gotten used to me. The girl who called me an ugly fucking bitch last week is slightly more tolerant (she'll actually let me come within ten feet of her now). The other two girls who were causing the most trouble and were very offensive and defiant have also seemed to settle down a little bit. Now the boys are causing the most problems (they cause different kinds of problems than the girls cause). Things are far from perfect, but I feel like I've made progress with a few students. And I still have some great kids who do their work and try hard and seem to like me. I'm more aware of the fact that middle school is a really, really hard time for kids, so I guess my expectations have changed slightly, which causes me to become frustrated less easily.

Tonight Kristen Bell joins the cast of Heroes. Hooray!

No comments: