Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Boys and girls of every age, wouldn't you like to see something strange? Come with us and you will see, this, our town of Halloween. This is Halloween, this is Halloween. Pumpkins scream in the dead of night. This is Halloween, everybody make a scene. Trick or treat till the neighbors gonna die of fright. It's our town, everybody scream. In this town of Halloween." ~the nightmare before christmas

At school the kids were wired; they seemed to be anticipating the sugar high that they're going to get tonight. Fortunately, Wednesday is one of my easier days so I didn't have to put up with them for too many periods. And luckily I managed to escape at the end of the day without being egged. I was warned by my students, the dean, and some other teachers that there was a strong possibility of eggs being thrown at teachers as they left the building. I walked out with another teacher who's very cool; most kids like him a lot. I was hoping his presence would offer me protection (and maybe it did). The police officers outside were also doing a good job of closely monitoring the kids hanging around the building.

Participation time: what's the scariest movie you've ever seen? Mine has to be Alien. I was absolutely terrified when I saw it for the first time (and I think I was in ninth grade, so it's not like I was really young).

No comments: