Monday, October 08, 2007

"Standing at the punch table swallowing punch, can’t pay attention to the sound of anyone. A little more stupid, a little more scared, every minute more unprepared. I made a mistake in my life today, everything I love gets lost in drawers. I want to start over, I want to be winning, way out of sync from the beginning." ~the national

Gah! They played The National during Chuck tonight! And I was waaay too excited about it. It was "Slow Show," a really good song from their album Boxer (one of my favorite albums ever), and they played a good, long chunk of it (during a really cute moment). That made my night. Chuck was good tonight. One of my favorite moments (besides hearing The National): Chuck dancing the tango with Captain Awesome. Priceless.

It is way too frakkin' hot for October. Today it reached record temperatures for NYC in October and I don't like it. I want fall to be here. It's supposed to cool down on Wednesday, though.

I went movie-crazy over the long weekend. Yesterday I saw The Darjeeling Limited and The Jane Austen Book Club, and today I saw Michael Clayton.
The Darjeeling Limited
was good. Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, and Jason Schwartzman played well off of each other, and they're all hilarious. I don't think it's Wes Anderson's best film, but it's still worth seeing.
The Jane Austen Book Club was very enjoyable. It was one of those rare movies that didn't piss me off by destroying the book on which it was based. The strong cast held it up. Emily Blunt, Maria Bello, Hugh Dancy, Kathy Baker, Amy Brenneman, Jimmy Smits...how can you go wrong with them?
Michael Clayton was the best film of the weekend. George Clooney is frakkin' brilliant. His acting is superb; he's at the top of his game. And even though he looks old and tired, he still manages to look gorgeous. Right now I think he's the one to beat in the Oscar race. The writing and directing were also very well done. It was suspenseful and well-plotted and clever and I wanted it to keep going once it ended.

Back to school tomorrow. Ugh.

No comments: