Saturday, October 08, 2005

“These empty metaphors, they’re all in vain, like ‘can’t you see the grass is greener where it rains?’” ~bell x1

I’m obsessed with that song; it’s absolutely brilliant. The lyrics are amazing. It’s so clever, and I love the allusions. I notice something new every time I listen to it. It’s Bell X1’s best song by far, but it shows that they have potential. They could be big if they keep writing songs like that. Fun fact that you probably didn’t know: they’re Damien Rice’s former band.

I love my brother. It’s funny; we only started getting along after I left for college. I guess it’s easier to get frustrated with someone when they’re around you all the time, and now that we’re apart we don’t have as much to argue about. I think I was pretty mean to him when we were growing up. I remember this one time when I threw a ping-pong paddle at his head. He ducked and the paddle made a huge dent in the wall. I threw it pretty hard; it’s a good thing he ducked.

Last night Nicole and I saw a movie called “The Honeymooners.” We went to the theater thinking they would be showing the old Goldie Hawn/Steve Martin movie with that title. It was actually this indie Irish film. I liked it, though. This theater is cool; it’s in an old church, and they have huge, comfy pillows that you can sit on as well as these giant couches. And there’s never anybody there, which is nice. They show independent films and foreign films and old movies.

No comments: