Friday, October 07, 2005

“Fading everything to black and blue, you look a lot like you’d shatter in the blink of an eye, but you keep sailing right on through.” ~counting crows

I’m such a moody person. This morning I was the happiest person in the world and this afternoon I burst into tears and couldn’t stop crying. It was over the littlest thing, too. Why does that happen? I’m going to try to capture my happiness from this morning to make myself stop crying. So here’s what I was thinking as I walked home today:
I love it here.
I love living in a city. I love the fact that I’m not in a bubble. Campus is part of the city, it’s not isolated. I can walk anywhere I need to go. And it’s a nice city, too. There aren’t any really tall buildings, and the buildings are all different colors (my window overlooks this one building that’s painted purple, lime green, and bright blue).
I love living in a beautiful house with my friends.
I love my room. It’s painted light blue (even the ceiling), has a pale blue carpet, and blue comforters (yes, more than one: I’ve mentioned it’s cold here). This is all perfect for me because I love blue. My room is not traditionally shaped, which I love. The ceiling is slanted and there’s a skylight over my bed, which is a big, comfy double bed. In front of my desk there’s a huge window that overlooks the city. I can also glimpse the ocean from my window. I’ve gradually added decorations to my walls and now it looks perfect. I’ve got pictures, cards people have sent me, and pages from magazines hanging up. This room is my haven. I love being able to escape here when I don’t feel like talking to anyone.
I love not being overwhelmed with work. It makes me feel like I actually have a life because I have time to do other things and I’m not always worried about school. The fact that my grades don’t transfer back also makes me less stressed (even though I’m doing really well in all my classes anyway).
I love the chocolate here.
I love how everything’s really cheap.
I love that I can listen to Counting Crows and feel at home, even though I’m halfway across the world.
I feel better now.

No comments: