Sunday, October 16, 2005

“so I check the weather wherever you are, ‘cause I wanna know if you can see the stars tonight.” ~john mayer

Classes are over! Yay! They ended last Wednesday. Now all I have to worry about are finals. The time has flown by while I’ve been here.

It’s going to be hard to leave. This has been like the first semester of college. You don’t know anyone when you arrive (well, you don’t know that many people). So you get to know people and forge relationships. It takes a while, though. You drift apart from some people who you initially think will be your best friends. And you find the people that you really connect with and get to know them pretty well. Over time, you develop a group of people that you love and that you depend on. Except you don’t establish those really strong connections until the end of the semester, because it takes a while to create bonds like that. In the first semester at Richmond, I knew that I would have four more years with the new friends that I was making. Here, I know I’ll have to leave my best friends and that I’ll never see some of them ever again. That’s hard to deal with.

I’ve been listening to Julia Murney and Sutton Foster’s version of “I Know Him so Well” and it’s so beautiful it breaks my heart. I just listen to it over and over. I’d love to see a Broadway revival of that show (Chess). I know it didn't do so well last time, but with a good director I think it could be a success. I saw it on Saturday at a local theatre. It wasn't the best production, not exactly Broadway caliber (which is what I'm used to), but just getting to listen to that music was great.

I should be studying, but instead I've been watching Gilmore Girls dvds for the past 5 days since classes ended. I have no will power.

No comments: