Monday, October 03, 2005

“Go ahead and laugh all you want, I got my philosophy. And I trust it like the ground, That's why my philosophy Keeps me walking when I'm falling down.” ~ben folds

I have six days left of classes. How amazing is that? I have one more essay to write and one more test to take, and then all I have left is final exams. Which are all worth 50% of my grade. Which is somewhat scary. The essay I have to write is for my Music Industry class, and I have to analyze the movie “This is Spinal Tap.” I have to watch it multiple times in order to pick up on the little details, but I don’t think it’s possible to get sick of that movie because it’s so hilarious. It makes me laugh like crazy every time I watch it. I love it.

It’s amazing how quickly your mood can change. Or maybe I’m just a moody person. I was so happy, and then I watched my dvd of the Rent performance on the Today Show. I knew it would make me cry but I watched it anyway, and of course it did make me cry. I don’t know how I’ll get through the movie when it comes out. I’ll be sobbing through the whole thing. Anyway, back to the moods thing. It’s funny how the smallest thing can completely change your mindset. If I’m sad, there are a few songs that I usually listen to that will pick me right up. It’s amazing how music can do that.

The people next door are having a party and it is insanely loud. Like “I-can-hear-the-lyrics-to-the-music-they’re-playing” loud. I don’t know how I’ll ever get to sleep. I was invited but I’m too tired to go. I wonder when it’ll end. It’s already midnight and we have to set our clocks forward tonight, meaning it’s even later and I’ll lose an hour of sleep. Yuck.

I've discovered that no one plans ahead here. I just bought a ticket to the closing night of Chess (the musical) at a local theatre (the performance is in 2 weeks), and my seat is front row center. How amazing is that? I'm excited, I looooove this show; the music is brilliant. It'll be interesting with Kiwi accents.

No comments: