Thursday, October 27, 2005

“I'm not the only one starin' at the sun, Afraid of what you'd find if you took a look inside. Not just deaf and dumb, I'm staring at the sun, Not the only one who's happy to go blind.” ~u2

I had my Victorian Literature final exam on Tuesday and I think I did okay. It was identifying and explaining 8 quotes and writing 3 essays. I know I IDed all the quotes correctly, which I was proud about because I studied a lot for that section. I’m just glad that it’s over with. I still haven’t started studying for my next exam. It’s not until next Friday though, which gives me some time.

It’s been absolutely beautiful here this week. Yesterday I went to the beach and actually went swimming in the ocean. The beach is so close (about 5 minutes away) that I have to take advantage of it while I still can. Today I went running in the botanical garden. All the flowers are in bloom and it’s amazing. I’m really, really enjoying myself now that summer is here and classes are over. It’s going to be hard to leave.

Here’s the funny moment of the day:
Scott gets lots of phone calls. He’s pretty popular. I’d say he gets about 10 phone calls a day; I’m not exaggerating. Since the beginning of the semester, whenever the phone rings, Matt says out loud to those of us in the flat, “Scott’s hotline, how may I help you?” He doesn’t actually say that when he answers the phone, but he jokes about it every time the phone rings. It got old about two weeks into the semester, but he still does it. So today the phone rang, and Matt said to those of us in the room (Scott, Rich and me), “Scott’s hotline, how may I help you?” So Scott answered the phone, and he said in his most serious voice possible, “Matt’s brothel, how may I help you?” It was hilarious. And the person calling turned out to be looking for Perrine, not for Scott, which is usually the case. I got a good laugh out of it. I think it was one of those things where you had to be there, but I’m telling you it was really funny.

Oh, congrats to the White Sox. Although it should have been the Braves (who will win next year). I’m just glad Houston lost.

No comments: