Monday, May 25, 2009

We cut the legs off of our pants, threw our shoes into the ocean. Sit back and wave through the daylight. Sit back and wave through the daylight.
Slip and slide on subway grates, these shoes are poor man's ice skates. Fall through like change in the daylight. Fall through like change in the daylight.
I miss yellow lines in my roads, some color on monochrome. Maybe I’ll paint them in myself. Maybe I’ll paint them in myself.
These sidewalks liquid then stone, building walls and an old pay phone. It rings like all through the daylight. It rings like all through the daylight
And in the daylight we can hitchhike to Maine, I hope that someday I’ll see without these frames. And in the daylight i don’t pick up my phone, cause in the daylight anywhere feels like home.
I have five clocks in my life, and only one has the time right. I’ll just unplug it for today, I'll just unplug it for today.
Open hydrant, rolled down windows. This car might make a good old boat and float down Grand Street in daylight. And float down Grand Street in daylight.
And with just half of a sunburn, new yellow lines that I earned. Step back and here comes the night time. Step back and here comes the night time.
And in the daylight we can hitchhike to Maine. I hope that someday I’ll see without these frames. And in the daylight I don’t pick up my phone, cause in the daylight anywhere feels like home." ~matt & kim

No comments: