Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"Well, I have been searching all of my days. All of my days. Many a road, you know, I’ve been walking on, all of my days. And I’ve been trying to find what’s been in my mind as the days keep turning into night.
Well, I have been quietly standing in the shade all of my days. Watch the sky breaking on the promise that we made, all of this rain. And I’ve been trying to find what’s been in my mind as the days keep turning into night
Well, many a night I found myself with no friends standing near. All of my days. I cried aloud, I shook my hands. What am I doing here? All of these days. For I look around me and my eyes confound me and it’s just too bright as the days keep turning into night.
Now I see clearly, it’s you I’m looking for, all of my days. Soon I’ll smile. I know I’ll feel this loneliness no more. All of my days. For I look around me and it seems He found me and it’s coming into sight as the days keep turning into night, as the days keep turning into night. And even breathing feels all right. Yes, even breathing feels all right. Now even breathing feels all right. It’s even breathing, feels all right." ~alexi murdoch

I just realized my last post was post #400 in this blog. Not bad. I've been writing here for 3.5 years and hopefully I can keep it up.

Things are starting to calm down now that grad school is over for the semester. I have less weight on my shoulders. Of course teaching is impossible right now. We have a little over four weeks left, which seems like forever, and the kids already have summer fever; they're going crazy. It'll be a miracle if we all make it out alive. I'm just trying to get through each day.

Tonight Nic and I went to a screening of the new movie Away We Go. It was just what I needed. I absolutely loved it. It was sweet and charming and funny and sometimes made my heart ache. Go see it when it opens. Alexi Murdoch did the music. I've been a fan of his for the past six years, so I was thrilled to hear his voice drifting through the film. He's wonderful. Here's an oldie but goodie of his (give it time to load; it's worth the wait):

Get Your Own Player!




And the trailer for the movie:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

400 posts ? congratulations I haven't read all yet but I will .
I'm slow because I'm learning English but I enjoy your blog.I love the way you can say so much with only few words.It's fun and cherry on the cake I learn a lot about american culture. I'm very thankfull

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.