Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"And take a minute to reflect in your own way. Take your time and connect in your own way. I know it's good to be alone some days, but you got a long face in your own way, baby. I know you got a big heart in your own way. Independent and smart in your own way. And even though you get along somehow, you're missing out now in your own way, baby." ~caleb cane

I'm obviously a huge music fan, and I go through phases where I listen to the same song nonstop for days. "In Your Own Way" is my current song. I hadn't listened to it for awhile until it came up on my iPod on shuffle recently, and now I can't stop playing it.

I'm moving into my new apartment on Sunday. I'm ready. I had another draining teacher placement fair yesterday and now my mom won't get off my case (she was on my case before, but today she kicked her nagging up a few notches, which I didn't think was possible). She won't let me run this job search by myself; she feels it's necessary to tell me what I'm doing wrong and what I should be doing and making me feel guilty for not throwing myself at principals. I finally told her to back off because I was close to snapping, which started a big argument, and now we're barely speaking. We're the only ones in the house during the day and it's tense. So I feel ready to leave. She doesn't seem to get that I am guaranteed a job; if I don't find one myself it's not the end of the world because I'll be placed somewhere. She means well and cares about me, but she doesn't understand that I need space right now.

On a more exciting note, Harry Potter 7 is quickly approaching. Damon Lindelof (the creator of Lost) wrote an opinion piece about the book for the New York Times on Sunday; it's interesting. I agree with him. I think Harry should die, but I don't know if Rowling has the guts to kill him. I still cannot wait to read the book. I'm also excited to see the newest movie. My brother went to last night's midnight showing. I'll definitely go sometime in the next few days.

1 comment:

Heather said...

hang in there!