Thursday, July 19, 2007

"New York City, such a beautiful disease. New York City, such a beautiful, such a beautiful disease." ~norah jones

Last night I had a great dinner with my new friend Jenny. She's from Melbourne and she just arrived in NYC a couple of weeks ago. We walked around the Village and ended up at a nice restaurant where we sat outside on the patio. There was a breeze blowing and it was a perfect night to be outside. We ate and talked for two hours. I guess we're in somewhat similar situations, both being new residents of the city, and we had a lot to talk about. I had fun. And I love living in Greenwich VIllage; there are so many good restaurants to choose from, there are always lots of people walking around, and it just has a really cool atmosphere.

I'm going home for the weekend. Kim, Elizabeth, and I are seeing Hairspray (the movie) on Friday night. I absolutely cannot wait; I'm a big fan of the musical. I saw it on Broadway with the original cast and loved it. It's such a fun show. And the movie is supposedly fantastic. On Saturday we're going to Six Flags. I haven't been there for awhile, so I'm excited about that as well. I'm sacrificing some precious Harry Potter reading time to go; now I won't be able to start it until Saturday night. I'll read quickly. I don't want to be spoiled before I finish it. Supposedly the ending is leaked online already, but I'm staying far away from that info.

No comments: