Sunday, July 29, 2007

"If I could open my arms and span the length of the isle of Manhattan, I'd bring it to where you are, making a lake of the East River and Hudson. If I could open my mouth wide enough for a marching band to march out, they would make your name sing and bend through alleys and bounce off all the buildings." ~death cab for cutie

It's so incredibly hot in my apartment that I don't like spending any more time there than I have to. I've been pretty successful at finding stuff to do. Yesterday afternoon I walked down to a free outdoor concert at the East River Amphitheater. Three bands played and they were pretty good. It was a nice venue, too. The stage is right in front of the East River, so you can watch all the boats go by as you listen to the music. I also sat outside yesterday and reread the first Harry Potter book. It didn't take me very long. I think I'll move on to #2 today. I'm planning on going through them all in a row now that they're all out.

Last night Christin, her sister, and I went to this really cool dueling piano bar called Sweet Caroline's. It was so much fun; Christin and I both said we wanted to go back there again. They played some great songs and the whole crowd got really into it. I learned that Long Island Iced Teas are very dangerous, though. While I was there I was great. I ended up standing on top of my chair singing along at the top of my lungs (many other people were doing the same), and I had a blast. But when I got home I didn't feel so great. Anyway, I definitely want to go back.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I LOVE long island iced teas!!

but yes -- dangerous...