Saturday, July 07, 2007

"Welcome home, baby!" ~my new roommate

No, My New Roommate isn't a band. I know I always open with a song lyric, but I decided to go with a quote from a person this time. I finally found an apartment, and I'm soooo excited about it. Nicole and I were looking for a 2 bedroom apartment together, but we looked for 2 months (we probably saw about 50 apartments) and couldn't find anything good. It's incredibly slim pickings out there. So we decided to start looking individually at shares (people with apartments who are looking for roommates). And I found one today. It's a 2 bedroom apartment that I'll be sharing with a friendly, funny, Frenchman in his 40s. I'm thrilled about the location; I honestly can't imagine a better place in the city to live. I'll be on Stuyvesant Street, which is in the East Village a block away from Astor Place. It's incredibly convenient for taking a variety of subway lines (4, 6, N, R, W, F, V, L). The apartment is 2 blocks away from the MTV office where I worked last summer, so I'm familiar with the area and I can go back and visit my MTV buddies all the time. The apartment is nice. My bedroom is big considering the location, and it comes with a captain's bed (that has drawers underneath it). Marc, the guy I'll be living with, is very friendly; we seem to get along well. He got over 60 responses to his ad and I was the last person he met with, and after we talked for half an hour he offered me the apartment. He said he'll help me work on my French (as well as my French cooking). It's an immediate move-in, which means I could have moved in today. I think I'll start bringing stuff in tomorrow. I've been looking for so long that I can't believe I finally found a place. I'm thrilled. Now I just need to find a school....

1 comment:

Heather said...

CONGRATS!! And I'm so glad the eye surgery went well! Feel better and get sleep soon :)