Monday, August 01, 2005

"How does it feel? How does it feel To be on your own, With no direction home, Like a complete unknown, Like a rolling stone?" ~bob dylan

Have I mentioned how much I love my Music Industry class? For the past two days we've been watching music videos from glam rock bands. We're studying glam rock as a case study of how an artist creates an image and attempts to appeal to a specific audience. It's so interesting. We get to watch David Bowie, Kiss, T-Rex, Sweet, and all these other bands in action. It's funny that I opened this entry with a Dylan quote, because he was one of those opposed to glam rock, about as far away from it as you can get. I'm not a huge fan of most glam rock acts, I tend to side with the true rock 'n rollers in that battle (and it was basically a battle at one point in time), but now I think it's interesting how the boundaries have continuously been blurred.
Sorry to ramble on, I know most of you don't care. I'll move on. The thing is, I don't really have anything else to talk about. Oh, I went swimming yesterday. I finally found a pool that's open. I don't think I'll go that often because a.) it's a 45-minute walk, and b.) it costs $5 to get in. But I really needed that swim. It was worth the hour-and-a-half of walking there and back and the $5. And they have a jacuzzi! It was so nice to just sit there and relax and be warm for once. I'm always cold here, always. So that hot tub made my day. I'll probably go every once in a while. I'm feeling really lazy here. I don't exercise (usually swimming is my exercise), and I eat a lot. The chocolate is just way too good here. I don't even want to know how much weight I've gained. Okay, that's all for now.

No comments: