Tuesday, August 02, 2005

"All I ever wanted was to be near a face, In the morning, In the morning. After the operation, my heart will become erased, And I will miss you, I will miss you." ~anika moa

Anika Moa is a really, really talented New Zealand artist that I just discovered. The first time I heard that song I was hooked; it's so beautiful. So of course I did some research on her. Here's a funny part of an article that I found:

Her latest album, Stolen Hill, begins and ends with two short Maori songs. Imagine the reaction that would get in the American market, I suggest. "They'd be like, 'Those bloody Ma-oris," she laughs. "But that's not going to happen. I would never, ever sell my album to that kind of market. 'Cause they just wouldn't [expletive] accept it. They'd fire it back at us."

Too bad she feels that way. I'll definitely buy her album while I'm here. She shouldn't be so quick to judge Americans. Maybe it wouldn't fit into the mainstream American market, but I bet it would find it's own audience, especially if publicized correctly. At any rate, I don't think she should discount America as a market so quickly.

They have Raspberry Coke here, which really excited me. Raspberry is my favorite flavor; I'm obsessed with anything raspberry. I tried Raspberry Coke for the first time today, and I was sadly disappointed. It was pretty bad. It didn't taste like raspberry at all.

I watch Almost Famous all the time; I could probably recite the whole movie for you. It's my favorite movie ever. I was in a "mood" today so I watched it for the gazillionth time. It always cheers me up. I feel like we need a reappearance of this lovely picture. I've posted it in another entry here, but I love it so much that I'll post it again. It's of me and the star of Almost Famous, Mr. Russell Hammond himself, Billy Crudup (in my opinion, looking much better than he looks in that movie; the long hair doesn't really do it for me, though I think he's gorgeous no matter what). I love how that single piece of his hair is sticking up.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: