Thursday, August 04, 2005

"We are nowhere, and it’s now. We are nowhere, and it’s now. You took a ten-minute dream in the passenger's seat, While the world it was flying by. I haven’t been gone very long, But it feels like a lifetime." ~bright eyes

I really, really want to be in New York today. Or tomorrow, I think. I guess it's best to say I want to be in NYC on Thursday (it's already Thursday here, but I think it's still Wednesday at home). There's some stuff that I'm really bummed about missing. I know, I know, I'm in New Zealand and this is a lifetime opportunity, blahblahblah. I'm still having trouble dealing with missing some things that are important to me. Maybe I'll eat some amazing New Zealand chocolate to make myself feel better. You can't get that in New York. But I'm still moving to NYC the second after I graduate and I'm on my own.

I love talking to Rich, he always cheers me up. He's funny. And he's so easy-going and friendly that it's really easy to have a conversation with him. I'd say, out of all my flatmates, I get along with him the best. Perrine's up there, too, but sometimes we have a hard time communicating because of the language barrier, even though her English is pretty good. Rich really reminds me of Brett (my brother). They don't look exactly alike, but somehow their facial expressions seem so similar. When I'm talking to Rich, I watch his face really closely and I feel like I'm looking at my brother. Which is comforting to me. I'll try to get a picture of Rich so you can call me crazy for noting a resemblance between the two.

No comments: