Wednesday, August 24, 2005

"When everything gets lonely I can be my own best friend. I get a coffee and the paper; have my own conversations With the sidewalk and the pigeons and my window reflection." ~bright eyes


I haven't updated in a while. Last week was a busy one. It feels good to be finished with it, though. My music industry test was a little tricky but I think I did okay, and my English essay was…well, it was complete. I never know how to judge how well I’ll do on those things, and when I do have a feeling about it, I’m usually completely wrong. So we’ll see.

If you’re ever looking for a good movie to make fun of, watch The Mothman Prophesies. Rich and I watched it last night, and the only thing that made it bearable was the fact that we tore it apart as it was going on. It was actually fun. There are just so many inconsistencies and impossible events that make it completely laughable. I could list them all for you but I won’t. It suffices to say that it was poorly written, poorly made, and I can’t believe those actors would ever even consider being a part of such a piece of trash. Especially Laura Linney. She’s an absolutely amazing actress, she’s an Oscar nominee and a Tony nominee, and why she would take such an underdeveloped role as that character is beyond me. And her southern accent is atrocious. The worst attempt at a southern accent that I’ve ever heard. No, I take that back. She’s on par with Nicole Kidman in Cold Mountain. In other words, pretty awful.

My family gets here on Friday and I cannot wait. We're going to a rugby game; the New Zealand national team is playing the South African national team. It's a big game, and I know it'll be fun. We'll be here in Dunedin for a few days and we'll explore the area, especially the penninsula (there's lots of penguins and seals, and an albatross colony). Then we'll go to Milford Sound (supposedly one of the most beautiful places in the world if not the most) and Queenstown. I'm really looking forward to that. We'll go skiing there, and that area is where lots of The Lord of the Rings was filmed, so we'll go on some hiking trails exploring that area. The valley where the big battle was filmed is there. I'm excited to see it. Perrine's coming with us to the rugby game and to Queenstown, and I think it'll be fun to have her with us. They'll be here for my brother's birthday (next Wednesday) and they leave on the morning of my birthday (next Sunday), so I'm glad I'll get to celebrate both of those days with them. We've both got 'milestone' birthdays; he's turning 18 and I'm turning 21. It's funny; he would be able to drink here on his birthday because the drinking age is 18. I'm pretty sure he won't, though. :-)

No comments: