Friday, March 23, 2007

The Strokes

"I've got nothing to say. I've got nothing to say. I've got nothing to say. I've got nothing to say." ~the strokes

That song is so beautiful. During the most insane concert I've ever been to (Nic and I saw The Strokes last year over my spring break; read my review here), during which we were afraid of being killed by crazy fans, the band played that song ("Ask Me Anything") and the crowd settled down for three minutes. All the crowd-surfing, shoving, jumping up and down, and noise stopped (for the most part) as the band poured out the simple, delicate melody and lyrics that are so uncharacteristic of The Strokes. A video that someone took from that concert (mostly good for the audio) is posted above.

I talked to my friend Christin for awhile today, which was so nice; I miss her. When I live in NYC we'll get to hang out, which will make me happy. It's so funny; we often note the fact that I would love to be in NYC on my own, whereas she would love to be back here in college. I'm sure I will miss aspects of college life once I'm away, but right now I'm ready to be out of here.

I really do have nothing to say, I just felt like writing something.

No comments: