Saturday, March 24, 2007

Eels

"Birds singing a song, old paint is peeling, this is that fresh, that fresh feeling. Words can't be that strong, my heart is reeling, this is that fresh, that fresh feeling." ~eels

I've had that song on repeat for awhile. It seems to fit perfectly with the springtime that has arrived. It puts me in such a happy mood. I'm on a YouTube kick right now, so I'm posting a video. This is a good live performance, although the version of the song they play is pretty different from the album version (which is amazing); it's stripped down a lot.

I had such a good time tonight. Michelle and I had dinner at Baker's Crust with Joy and 13 of her family members, which was intimidating at first but turned out to be a blast. Joy's aunt is a jazz singer in NYC, so I got to talk to her about living in the city and promised to come hear her sing sometime once I move. Joy's grandfather is hilarious. Before we left, he put on some chapstick and said, "I'm putting this on so I can kiss these girls goodbye" (referring to Mich and I). They're such a fun family. Joy's senior voice recital is tomorrow, which is why her family is here. It was nice to get off campus and interact with some new people.

No comments: