Sunday, March 18, 2007

"Someday you will find me, caught beneath the landslide. In a champagne supernova, a champagne supernova in the sky. Wake up the dawn and ask her why, a dreamer dreams, she never dies. Wipe that tear away now from your eye..." ~oasis

I'm stealing a fun idea from Gen's LJ. This is similar to the iPod Roulette I did last week, in which no one participated. Come on, folks. If you're reading this, play along. Here it is:

The Screen Name Mix Tape!

Rules:

1. Choose one (1) song whose title starts with the first letter (or number) of your screen name.
2. Repeat this process with each successive letter (or number) in your screen name until you run out of letters (or numbers).
3. Post your results.

Here's mine:
C - Champagne Supernova (Oasis)
L - Light House (Maria Taylor)
A - Anna Begins (Counting Crows)
I - If You Leave (OMD)
R - Rapid Hope Loss (Dashboard Confessional)
V - Volcano (Damien Rice)
O - On the Radio (Regina Spektor)
Y - You are my Joy (Reindeer Section)
A - A Lack of Color (Death Cab for Cutie)
N - Numb (U2)
T - This House is not for Sale (Ryan Adams)
9 - 9 Crimes (Damien Rice)
4 - 4 Days (Counting Crows)

It's so hard to just pick one song for each letter/number. I mostly just went with the first one to cross my mind for each.

Today, as I do every Sunday, I hung out with the two cutest boys on campus. They're 3 and 6 years old and they're adorable. Most of the time. They were great today.

I also watched the TV movie version of The Robber Bride, which my neighbor (back at home) was kind enough to record on a DVD for me because we don't get the channel on which it aired. Margaret Atwood is my absolute favorite author; I love her. I collect her books and have lots of them, taking up a whole shelf of my bookshelf at home. She's written quite a few (37 to be exact). I have all of her novels (she's written 12 of those). The Robber Bride isn't my favorite book of hers, but I still love it. I love pretty much everything she's written. When I heard they were making a movie of it with Mary Louise Parker, I knew I had to see it. What a combo, right? Mary Louise Parker in a movie version of a Margaret Atwood book. That's right up my alley. Mary Louise Parker is fantastic. Anyway, the movie was good (though of course not as good as the book). Mary Louise Parker made it good. She could turn any movie into a hit. It was different from the book; they changed a lot and cut out a lot. But I still enjoyed watching it.

Tomorrow after school I'll have Lord of the Flies essays and tests to grade. Those should generate some funny quotes to share on here.

5 comments:

E said...

Sorry this is off topic and sketchy, but I was googling an old counting crows concert (12/9/94) and I found that you mentioned you were listening to the bootleg a while back. I cannot seem to find this at all online and once had a copy. Can you post a link to the bootleg or otherwise send it to me?

Thanks

Claire said...

Hi!
Sure, I'll upload it tomorrow and post a link in a comment to this post. Is megaupload okay for you? Or would you prefer if I mailed you an actual cd?

E said...

Ok Megaupload would be great. I have never used it but I am sure I can figure it out. I appreciate it! BTw I like your music tastes. Happy Blogging.

Claire said...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1SFC1E4R

Here ya go! It's a zip file, so you'll have to unzip it to get the tracks. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

E said...

Thanks a lot for music. Sounds great.