Sunday, March 04, 2007

"Six o'clock in the morning, you're the last to hear the warning, you've been tryin' to throw your arms around the world. You've been falling off the sidewalk, your lips move but you can't talk, tryin' to throw your arms around the world." ~u2

In case you haven't noticed, I'm on an Achtung Baby kick. I could keep posting lyrics from that album for forever.

I've had another lovely, lazy day all to myself. I finally realized why I've been so cold for the past few days; one of my apartmentmates turned off the heat before they left for spring break (I'm not sure why, because they knew I was staying here). Anyway, I turned it back on and have now begun to warm up. I got lots of planning done today; I now have all my lessons prepared for the upcoming week. I took a nice, long bath and read some of Blonde, the novel that I'm currently reading. I love Joyce Carol Oates. She spoke at my high school a long time ago (she teaches at PU, which is very nearby) and she's just brilliant. I got her to autograph my copy of Foxfire; I love that book.
Progress is being made in Cote D'Ivoire, which is good. I really hope the peace plan works. I would love to go back there someday; I spent the first three years of my life there, and even though I don't remember it, it's still a part of me.
That's all for now; I need to make sure I'm ready for tomorrow and start getting ready for bed. We teachers don't have the luxury of sleeping in.

No comments: