Monday, March 05, 2007

"And then a lullaby on Broadway could sound like an exile out on Main. Oh, when that curtain closes you'll be back in your seat again." ~m. ward


I was so excited about Neon Bible that I forgot about the other new CD that arrived in the same package. I finally got around to buying M. Ward's Transistor Radio. After listening to Neon Bible a few times, I switched to Transistor Radio. I really like it. This is a good quote from Amazon.com's review:
"Transistor offers breezy, smart, poppy music very much in the American folk tradition, from country blues to bleary-eyed bedroom strums. This is the soundtrack to a lazy Sunday when you sleep in, read the Times in bed, cuddle with a friend, then finally leave the house for cheese grits."
M. Ward's voice is so soothing and beautiful. He sounds like he's from another era. I'm going to quote Amazon.com again; they call him "a half-named troubadour with an otherworldly voice and an old-time sensibility." Listening to Transistor Radio transports me to a simpler, easy-going time and place.


It's time for a fun game that I'm stealing from Captain Oats who stole it from his friend who stole it from The Onion. It's called iPod Roulette. Put your iPod on shuffle and list the first 10 songs that come up. No cheating; you can't skip any embarrassing ones. Here are mine:

"What we Talked About" - the Old 97's
"Little Sister" - Jewel
"Coffee and Cigarettes" - Augustana
"Nobody Drinks Alone" - Keith Urban
"Goodnight Elisabeth" - Counting Crows
"Larissa's Lagoon" - Idina Menzel
"Dakota" - Stereophonics
"Girl from the North Country" - Counting Crows
"Wait" - Get Set Go
"Publish My Love" - Rogue Wave

If you read this blog, it would be great if you'd play along and comment with your list.

No comments: