Wednesday, March 14, 2007

"We ain't goin' to the town, we're going to the city. Gonna trek this shit around, we'll make this place a heart to be a part of again." ~interpol

I love, love love that song. It's amazing. That whole album is amazing. Interpol is amazing. But that song is my favorite of theirs.

I think my male students generally like me better than my female students do; I'm not sure why that is. The one class that I had today mostly consists of males. They're very difficult to control (especially in a classroom of 30+ students). A lot of them are absent quite often because they're suspended quite often. I like them, though, and I think they like me for the most part. They're usually pretty funny. One of my other classes, however, consists mostly of girls, and that class leaves me exhausted and frazzled and discouraged much more often than the class full of boys. The girls are harder on me. I can't figure out why.

Today I had a debate with a boy about World War II. He was convinced that World War II took place in the 1970s when Nixon was President. He didn't believe me when I told him otherwise. I'm still not sure if he was serious or not; if he was just playing around with me, he was certainly very convincing.

I was standing in the front of the classroom talking to a student and some of the other kids started laughing because he was so much taller than me. They asked him his height, and he responded that he is 6'6". That's almost a foot-and-a-half taller than me. Only after the students commented did I realize that I was tilting my whole head back in order to look at him. I need to grow some more.

1 comment:

Heather said...

awww hang in there!