Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Leave me out with the waste, this is not what I do. It's the wrong kind of place to be cheating on you. It's the wrong time, but she's pulling me through. It's a small crime, and I've got no excuse..." ~damien rice

I'm pissed at Damien Rice. He issued this statement:

After much thought and discussion Damien has decided that his professional relationship with Lisa Hannigan has run its creative course. As a result Lisa will not be appearing at any of the upcoming live shows. Lisa is embarking on her own artistic endeavours and there are no plans for them to work together in the foreseeable future. The current band on tour at the moment are - Damien Rice, Joel Shearer, Shane Fitzsimons, Tom Osander & Vyvienne Long.

He fired Lisa. Who, to me, is an integral part of the band. And that statement is so cold and harsh. It doesn't acknowledge her contribution to the band at all. She's been there from the beginning. The songs Volcano, I Remember, 9 Crimes, The Professor, Coconut Skins, Cold Water, Be My Husband, Sleep Don't Weep, and many more won't be the same without her. And the changes will most definitely detract from the songs. Damien is really making it hard to be a loyal fan of his right now. I wish Lisa the best of luck in her solo career; I have no doubt that she'll be successful. I'm still really sad, though.

1 comment:

Heather said...

ugh :( boo... that stinks.