Friday, March 30, 2007

"Unstop the day, you’ll rise again. Don’t count the newsman to signal the end, ‘cause you can trust your farthest friends. Across the world, we’ll take the car. You’re in the room but your head's in the stars. Now, you can run but you can’t hide who you are." ~stellastarr*

Today was a good day at school. Because we have block scheduling, I only teach one class on Wednesdays and Fridays, and it's probably my favorite class. The kids are working on their research papers in the library, so I mostly just have to monitor them as they work. They got off-task today and I let them slide; none of us felt like being cooped up in the library on a Friday afternoon. A bunch of them spent most of the period trying to guess my first name, which I wouldn't tell them. I told them the first letter, so they went on a website and listed off every name that started with the letter C. There were some funny ones. At the very end of the period while they were waiting for the bell to ring, they asked the librarian my name, who told them. Now they're going to search for my MySpace page (which they'll find). They think it's hilarious that I have a MySpace page. I don't mind them seeing it; there's not much on it, anyway. During the period they also joked about tracking me down on campus as well as hiding in my car and then surprising me as I'm driving. We laughed a lot. I loved laughing with them. Maybe they're now a little behind on their research, but sometimes it's good to slack off a little.

One more week until spring break! I can't wait.

1 comment:

Heather said...

that's too funny about the MySpace page