Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Scientist - Natasha Bedingfield

"Nobody said it was easy, oh its such a shame for us to part. Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be so hard. I'm going back to the start." ~coldplay

To continue my YouTube kick, here's another video that I highly recommend watching. I'm not really a huge fan of Natasha Bedingfield's (I tend to avoid mainstream pop artists in general), but she does such a great job with this Coldplay song that I love. I almost want to say that I like it more than Coldplay's version; she adds so much intensity to it.

Today was another fabulous day that I got to spend as a temporary member of Joy's family. First of all, her senior voice recital went incredibly well. She makes singing seem so effortless, and she exudes joy as she sings. It's beautiful to hear and watch. My favorite piece she sang was "I Never Saw a Moor."
Our apartment is now overflowing with flowers and leftover food from the reception. It's pretty crazy. It took quite an effort to get all that stuff back to the apartment. Afterwards, Mich and I went to the Olive Garden with even more of Joy's family members than we dined with last night. We spent almost three hours there, gorging ourselves on the neverending supply of salad and breadsticks, eating oversized servings of pasta, and enjoying good conversation and laughter. I love her family. I didn't want to leave dinner. Her grandfather gave me another kiss goodbye and her mom hugged me multiple times. They're all so friendly and warm and loving and accepting. It was wonderful to be included in their weekend festivities.

No comments: