Thursday, March 15, 2007

" Looking at herself but wishing she was someone else , because the body of the doll it don't look like hers at all. So she straps it on, she sucks it in, she throws it up, and gives a grin, laughing at herself because she knows she ain't that at all. All caught up in the trends, well the truth began to bend, and the next thing you know, man, there just ain't no truth left at all." ~jack johnson

Today my supervisor came to observe me and it went really well again. I was so glad my kids behaved (at least they were better than they usually are). He observed my worst class, too. I'm starting to feel a little more confident about my teaching abilities, even though I know there is much upon which I can improve. I'm definitely having a much better experience than some of my fellow student teachers, as I learned in my student teaching class today. Some of my peers are having a very rough time. I know it's awful, but as a fellow student teacher recounted her week, I felt so relieved that I'm not in her situation. I wish her the best, though; she's extremely capable and smart and amazing and I'm sure she'll be able to figure out a way to deal with her kids and everything that's going on in her classroom. The other people in my student teaching class are the only ones who really understand what I'm dealing with right now, so I relish the opportunity to talk to them and complain to them and know that they sympathize. I can't express how challenging teaching is, but they get it. They get frustrated and exhausted and confused just like I do. It's comforting to know that I'm not alone.

No comments: