Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"You say I only hear what I want to. You say I talk so all the time. So..." ~lisa loeb

I don't know if I can make it through these next six weeks. School is seriously insane. I can't even write about what's going on because it's so bad. You can't even imagine.

This Thursday is the last day of my grad school class. I'll miss it. I'm presenting my final project and have been trying to finish it up. Today I went to talk to my professor (who's also the department head) about my project and about registering for the fall (I'm already signed up for three summer courses). I love my professor. She's young. She's very cool. She kinda looks like Sutton Foster. And she's easy to talk to. She taught sixth grade in a school with difficult kids, so she knows exactly what I'm going through. Here's a snippet of our conversation:
Prof: I cried every day during my first year of teaching.
Me: I cried today.
Prof: Yeah, it looks like it.
I love that honesty. And she let me just talk. That was what I needed. I usually vent to Peter, and he's great (he always manages to make me laugh), but it was nice to have a different sounding board for a short time.

Okay, back to work.

No comments: