Saturday, May 10, 2008

"There are jaguars in Mexico, that's farther south than I'll ever go." ~sordid humor

I'm sitting at my very clean desk trying not to breathe through my nose. My room is permeated with the combined scents of various cleaning products. FYI: orange, morning dew, and fresh breeze do not mix well together. We have another mouse (what else is new?). This is getting ridiculous. It was hanging out in my room on Thursday night and again today, so I decided to clean. My room was a mess, so it was a long, intense process. Now it looks nice (even though it smells awful). Hopefully it does not look and smell nice to our mouse. Here's a corner of my room now (I should have taken a 'before' shot so the improvement would be visible):

I don't really have anything serious to write about, I'm just procrastinating. I'm working on my final project for my grad class and I'm stuck. I don't have experience writing drama lesson plans (my drama student teaching last year doesn't really count), so it's difficult for me. And I'm going to have to test out my lesson plan with my class this week, which makes me very nervous. It has the potential to be a complete disaster.

Around this time of year the kiddies start acting even crazier than usual. They can sense summer approaching. Thursday was awful because it was about 80 degrees, we don't have air conditioning, and my room felt like an oven. We were all sweating bullets. I had an endless parade of kids going in and out of my room to and from the water fountain. On Friday it was rainy and cooler, so I don't know what their excuse was for being so uncooperative. They were wild. A girl got hurt. It was bad. The next seven weeks are going to suck.

No comments: