Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Welcome to the jungle!" ~guns 'n' roses

Things are busy, busy, busy. But luckily a lot of it is fun stuff. Recent events:

On Wednesday Nic and I went to see Spamalot. She had comps, and they were great seats. I haven't seen the show since the original cast left, and it was disappointing without those fabulous actors, but it was still funny (and free, which is a huge plus). On Wednesday I thought I was going to the A-List Awards hosted by Kathy Griffin, but I had the wrong date; it's actually next Wednesday (I discovered my mistake when I arrived at Hammerstein Ballroom and found a bunch of people lined up for the Danity Kane concert). It actually worked out well because I was able to go to Spamalot.

On Thursday we went to Central Park to listen to Sheryl Crow. It was a beautiful evening and a great concert. She played all her hits (Winding Road, If it Makes You Happy, Soak up the Sun, All I Wanna Do, Strong Enough, The First Cut is the Deepest, etc.).

Last night (Friday) we went to listen to Duran Duran in Central Park. I'm not a huge fan of Duran Duran, but it was still nice to listen to music and hang out outside. We brought a picnic (cheese, crackers, fruit, wine, cookies) and had a great time people-watching (it was an interesting crowd outside!).

This morning we were going to line up for tickets to see Hamlet at Shakespeare in the Park this evening, but after seeing today's weather forecast we decided to try tomorrow instead.

School is going to be craaazy this week (even moreso than usual). On Tuesday and Wednesday the state social studies test is being administered, but the sixth graders don't take it, so they want us out of the building both days. So on Tuesday we're going to Van Cortland Park and visiting an ecology center or something, and on Wednesday we're going to the Bronx Zoo. Two field trips in a row is going to kill me. Wednesday is the free day at the Bronx Zoo (which is why we're going that day), so it's going to be PACKED. I cannot even imagine the chaos that I will have to deal with. On Thursday the kids have off from school while the teachers have PD, so they'll come back to school on Friday after a week of fun and will not want to learn at all. I'm mostly worried about surviving the field trips, though.

No comments: