Sunday, May 04, 2008

"I may take a holiday in Spain, leave my wings behind me. Flush my worries down the drain, and fly away to somewhere new. Take a holiday in Spain, leave my wings behind me. Drive this little girl insane, fly away to someone new. Fly away to someone new. Fly away to someone new." ~counting crows

I should go to bed, but I'm on cloud nine right now. The Boeing Boeing premiere was absolutely fabulous. I cannot say enough positive things about it. First of all, the play was hilarious. I have not laughed so hard in a very, very long time. There is not one weak link in that insanely talented cast of six (Bradley Whitford, Christine Baranski, Mark Rylance, Mary McCormack, Kathryn Hahn, and Gina Gershon). The physical comedy is wonderful. Everything about the production is wonderful. Ben Brantley's New York Times review is a rave and is completely deserved.

Now for the rest of the premiere. There were tons of celebs there. I stood in line for the bathroom behind Frances McDormand. Frances McDormand. I actually made eye contact with her. I also saw Joel Coen, Glenn Close, Dominic Cooper, Jane Kaczmarek, Dominic Cooper, Howard Stern, Kathleen Marshall, and Mischa Barton (more eye contact with a bunch of those). I was starstruck but luckily didn't make a fool out of myself. So it was a fabulous night.
Photobucket
(I love Bradley Whitford in that picture.)

No comments: