Saturday, May 03, 2008

"I wanna have a good time, just like everybody. And I don't want to fall apart. Oh, I wanna have a good time, just like everybody else. And I don't want to fall apart this time, so won't you please invite me in." ~counting crows

I've been busy lately, so I guess I have a lot to write about. Let's see if I can remember any recent highlights.

On Monday I went to the Made of Honor premiere. I won tickets through a NY Times contest. It was cool. I saw McDreamy himself (Patrick Dempsey), Michelle Monaghan, Michelle Williams, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, and some other recognizable people. It was at the Ziegfeld, which is a beautiful theater (I went to The Mist premiere there as well). We actually had good seats in the orchestra. We also got to go to an after-party at a very cool club, and they had free food and drinks. The movie was cute; nothing special, but fun, especially in a theater full of people associated with the film who were very excited about it. I'm mad, though; I got a free Made of Honor umbrella and it got stolen at the after-party. I know it's not a big deal, especially because it was free, but it still bummed me out. It was a really nice umbrella, too, with a smooth wooden handle and a large white top.

On Wednesday I went to see the Broadway musical Curtains (Nicole had comps). It was fun. David Hyde Pierce won the Tony last year for his performance, so I was curious to see him in it, because I was very, very angry that Raul Esparza didn't win that award (he was absolutely brilliant in Company). David Hyde Pierce was good in Curtains, but I still think Raul was robbed at the Tonys. Anyway, Curtains was a fun musical with a forgettable score and a strong cast.

This morning I went to the movies; I saw Ironman and Baby Mama. I loved Ironman. I adore Robert Downey Jr., and he is soooooo good in this film. He's funny and dramatic and charming and sexy. I'm also a fan of Jon Favreau and was very pleased with his direction; I wasn't sure how he'd handle a high-tech action film, but he totally pulled it off. I'm already excited to see a sequel. Baby Mama was sweet and funny; Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are such a good team.

Tomorrow I'm going to the opening of Boeing Boeing and couldn't be more excited. I've never been to a Broadway opening before. I'll keep my eyes out for celebs, because I'm sure there'll be tons in the audience. And I'll finally get to see Bradley Whitford live on stage! I'll report back about it.

No comments: