Sunday, April 16, 2006

"Hiding me I flee, desire's dividing me. He's a bandit and a heartbreaker, Oh but Jesus was a crossmaker, Yeah but Jesus was a crossmaker." ~the hollies

That song is on the Elizabethtown soundtrack, which is really good. You probably know I'm obsessed with Cameron Crowe, and I greatly admire his taste in music as well as his filmmaking skills. His wife, Nancy Wilson, is an absolute musical genius.

Easter has always been my favorite holiday. We would always have tons of relatives over to our house to celebrate. 30+ family members would fill our house and yard (if it was warm). Beforehand my mom, brother, and I would make an Easter-themed pinata. Different years we did a chick, a bunny, an Easter egg, and I can't remember what else. They were good pinatas and looked professional; we really got into it. We focused on all the little details; cutting and folding the tissue paper to get those tiny, puffy rolls making up the ruffles took an especially long time. I wish I had a picture of one so I could post it. We would fill plastic Easter eggs with candy and all the kids would have an Easter egg hunt. Then the other older girls and I would lock ourselves in my room, away from the little kids, and trade candy. I miss those family Easter celebrations.

Since my workload is dying down, I actually got to spend time doing some leisure reading yesterday. I read Jennifer Egan's "Look at Me" (all 420 pages) in a day. It was lovely. I did nothing but read. After church and brunch this morning I went back to the library and got a new book to read. It's Karen Joy Fowler's "Sister Noon." She's a good writer, so I'm looking forward to reading this novel. I love being able to read whatever I want.

I hope everyone has a happy Easter! Christ is risen.

No comments: