Sunday, December 07, 2008

"Our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up." ~the arcade fire

Things aren't going so well right now. This has been a bad year for my family, and Thursday was a particularly horrible day (although I didn't hear about any of it until Friday). On Thursday my parents put my dog to sleep. I spent two days crying, and now I'm breaking down in spurts. I can't put into words how devastated I am. She's been my dog for 15 years. I loved her more than I can express. Also on Thursday, my grandpa had a stroke. This has been an awful year for both of my grandfathers. My Grandad had his leg amputated, broke his pelvis, and injured his shoulder. My Grandpa has been in the hospital for most of the year after breaking his hip. He's had pneumonia countless times and on Thursday he had a stroke. Neither one of them is in good shape at all. To add on to all this bad stuff, my Aunt Dot and my Uncle Henry (my great aunt and great uncle, from different sides of my family) both died last week. Like I said, it's been a really, really crappy year for my family. I don't know how much more I can take.

I went to a new church this morning. The people there were so welcoming and friendly. It's a very small church, which is nice. I'll probably go back there.

No comments: