Friday, December 19, 2008

"It's been a long December and there's reason to believe that maybe this year will be better than the last." ~counting crows

I suppose it's a little early for this, but I'll post it now anyway and amend it later if necessary. It's time for my list of the best films of 2008. Obviously I can only list movies that I've seen. The one movie I still want to see that might make my list is Revolutionary Road. But here's my current list (along with their trailers):

1. Slumdog Millionaire

2. The Wrestler

3. Frost/Nixon

4. Milk

5. Doubt


Maybe later I'll go back and add commentary about each film, but I think I've written something about all of them already. I highly recommend each one, but it was incredibly easy to choose a favorite. Seriously, go see Slumdog Millionaire if you haven't already.

On an unrelated note, snow hit the city today. Lots of snow. It started during school, and by the end of the day only half of my class remained because their parents came throughout the day to pick them up due to the storm. It looked beautiful, but I really don't like snow. I hate trudging through it and I hate when it turns to slush and fills the streets and sidewalks.

I ushered at a show tonight, Prayer for My Enemy. It was not a fun trip getting there, but I enjoyed the show (and of course I can't complain because I saw it for free). The acting was particularly strong (the play stars the very talented Tony winner Victoria Clark and Tony nominee Jonathan Groff).
Tomorrow night I'm ushering at a play about which I'm particularly excited. It's The Cripple of Inishmaan, written by my favorite playwright (Martin McDonagh). I'll report back about it.

No comments: