Friday, December 28, 2007

"It's almost everything I need." ~counting crows

There is a conversation I had with one of my college roommates, who is admittedly clueless about popular music (although she is a music expert in general), that I think of every time I listen to a few certain songs. One of those songs is a particular version of Counting Crows' "Sullivan Street." My roommate said that she doesn't like songs with electric guitars. Which I cannot fathom. Because the electric guitar that opens this version of "Sullivan Street" kills me. It makes me want to cry every time I hear it; it is so beautiful. Sometimes when I listen to it I'll keep playing the intro over and over before I listen to the whole song. The electric guitar creeps in and out of the song, but it's most prominent at the beginning (in the first minute and a half). I absolutely love it. Anyway, I'm continuing with my experimenting. Hopefully you'll be able to hear the song ("Sullivan Street"). And not some random song that started playing the first time I tested this post.

ETA: Crap. It's not working. I'll try to play around with it later.

I'm home from Texas. We were on Padre Island, just off the coast of Texas in the Gulf of Mexico. I went swimming in the ocean twice. The water was pretty cold, and I was the only one brave enough to go in. I'm a swimmer, so I can't pass up an opportunity to be in the water. We had a good trip. It was nice to see my grandparents. I feel bad for them; they must get lonely. They don't really have much to do, and my grandpa can't move around much because he has a bad foot. They seemed to really appreciate having us there. Pictures to follow. Pretty soon my mom and I are heading out to see Juno. This will be the third time I see it in theaters. It just gets better every time.

2 comments:

Philip said...

do you have this version up somewhere we can listen to it?
my friend did an acoustic cover of this (live) and i love it. Interested in hearing the version you've got.

Claire said...

I still haven't figured out storing music online, so I uploaded it for you; let me know if you have a problem with yousendit. I collect CC boots so I have a bunch of live versions of this song, but this is my favorite. :)
http://download.yousendit.com/F4DCB5F931893B31